In the cyber world, no one can claim that they are able to gather each and every mentioning of their search criteria in all on-line sources because simply this requires a humungous storage and processing capabilities beyond the economic feasibility of a project like ours. Accordingly, this report as well as any other similar report is to depend on a carefully selected sample to gather and analyze.
Still the main success factor that distinguish between a sample and another is the sample selection criteria.
In our report, we have set up the following guidelines in our study sample…
The maximum number of mentions -i.e. textual feeds- that will allow a comprehensive feedback in our analysis phase.
These feeds are to be from the widest possible number of sources to avoid any bias.
Feeds are to be normally distributed over the whole month of Ramadan in order to avoid any lost event or circumstance.
Feeds are to be from as many users as possible.
With such guidelines in mind, we have collected and analyzed 10’000’000 feeds that mentions the subject of our study -i.e. Ramadan 2017 drama and advertisements. Those feeds are almost normally distributed along the whole days of Ramadan.
- From over 3’000 on-line sources in facebook, twitter and youtube.
- Feeds written by over 1’400’000 users.
- With each feed, we have collected all users’ engagement interactions -e.g. likes, shares, comments, replies, views …etc. These number of interactions has exceeded 200’000’000 engagements and 500’000’000 views.
We believe that such data sample is capable to provide a true representative sample of what is happening in Ramadan 2017 concerning the drama, TV programs and advertisements.
- Contents and advertisements
- Used terminology
- TV is not everything!!!
- Content versus commercials
- Quantitative insights
- Qualitative insights
- Actionable insights